amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Friday, March 18, 2011

how I started 5Rythms Dance

this blog by Adam Barley Chaos, earth and movement - with Adam Barley - reminds me of the first 5R class I did, Adam was teaching, in a forest, in a Festival near London. I'd been playing in a band with Susan Chewter ... our band departure delayed, his class starting, I was invited to play music.. I do a lot of playing for dance and love to too! but.. as I took a few steps up the hill to get my Viola. Each step, and my body, felt heavier and heavier .. next thing thing I knew was I'd turned around, walking away form my instrument and towards the dancing tent... and there I was taking my shoes off, then.. mud straw breath feet swirl sweat tears... not danced for YEARS ... finally my deep sadness of walking away form my Ballet training (and my love of dance) was ... healed WOW... and that was just the warm up. gratitude and love ~ Christoffer