amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Sunday, November 02, 2008

sharing our gifts, a celebration for my 50th

So here it is something to celebrate my 50th birthday. The theme for the day is Sharing Our Gifts. And, as well is celebrating and sharing my gifts, my invitation to you is to come in the spirit of and be open to the possibility of sharing what it is that lights up your spirit, what you love to do. I know so many people with so many amazing things they love, and I love to give the opportunity for us to know celebrate and share these amongst each other.

Yes, this celebration is also about and around my 50th birthday. And, as I thought about the various things that I might want to do, ranging from going away on a retreat to this full day celebration this is what landed but I'd like to do (thanks Robert the checking that I wasn't just ducking out of that this is about my 50th birthday! -- initially it was an edge because, my first memory of a birthday party for me is that I hid under the table and the whole time! (So the retreat seemed very attractive. . . .!! It is something I love doing and I'll probably do that later in the year).

So, to support me staying visible on the day, there is going to be ‘stories of my life’. As I write this, exactly what that's going to be I don't know yet…. it will be some kind of ’conversation’ - dialogue, questions. . . speaking… maybe movement … there are of course many ‘ stories of my history’ that I could tell, and it may be that none of those get told. . .! Maybe there's another kind of story that wants to get shared - we'll find out what happens with who's there and what’s in the room.

So, the day:

It will be in five main sections:

Morning: a Moving Sound Journey - a shamanic journey ritual with movement , sound (voice and instruments) ; there will be limited places on this and is part of sharing this gift of mine more widely will be videoed - (I'd LOVE your support in it, let me know if you’d like to do this and I'll put your name on the list and keep you place

(2:00) Sharing Our Gifts- a mix of things including sharing circle, creative offerings, display table leaflets etc, mini market, tea and chatting. . . . .

(6:00) Shared feast (bring feasting food to share)

(7:00) Stories about My Life an unknown place, discovering what wants to be told.

(8:45 -11.45 ) Dance! (live music and dj mr.moore) Invite your friends to this