amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gratiude and love to the wasps

Wasps  

As I watched and watched wasps eating the apple I'd put out for them earlier, something deepened in me. A feeling of deep deep love and compassion for these beings, and a sense that they have just as much right to be alive and be here as I do.  


The experience of having such love for wasps, is not something I've had before.. in fact mostly, it's been more fear. A fear, and experience of being stung. 
I can still feel the residue of that earlier pattering, though more as a fading shadow.

As I put my awareness on them again now, I have a very alive sense that there is a potent energy in them.  Last year a wasp had crawled into a sock; the experience of being stung then brought me a new understanding and perspective on wasps.  Today, deciding to put food out for them and watching them like this feels so alive, and somehow connected to that one who I stepped on.