amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

message from Dartmoor

in September 2009 I saw 'Wild River, Cold Stone', a film about Dartmoor by Chris Chapman. Something moved deeply in me in response and I realised how deeply I am connected to and love Dartmoor and this land. - Grateful to Chris for making the film and to CCAN Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World, for showing it. [a recording, with music will follow at some point]



Is the moor in morning? Still, it stands
resting, in great grandeur.
Silent witness to all
Vibrant potent energy
contains all

Autumn rests more fully now
my music wraps around me
endless step progression
of this life

Held, in equal acceptance
The shunned suicide grave
The markets of sheep & pony
The man managed taking
and burning & using
violent extraction of
Ore tin & granite

The mystery soul of the moor
cannot be taken or diluted
Silent witness that holds all
in the passage of time

Rest now in the image
and a wide open energetic
arms of this precious place
Still yet so vibrant & alive

Rest now in the image
of sky and rocks, slow shifting
light rock juxtaposed against grass
held in sky danced through by wind

This ' still place' has beauty
energy & aliveness
rest now . . rest . . . now
in this

This land, this planet, this universe,
Stars, planets all of it
And these rocks, the land we
Stand on. . Tears pour down
my face at how little
we understand, are for
& love this Life

It's ALL alive .

can I see the life in it

This life everywhere
in everything .
It calls me , calls me
constantly . there
in everything everyone everyplace
come home to me, my land, my body, my life