amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The oil crash and a commitment to a new way of living

I visited my parents 2 days ago for tea. Some friends of theirs were visiting with their teenage son who's at university. We started talking about what's taking place with the dwindling of non renewable resources (something my dad introduced to me 30 years ago at a Friends of the earth meeting, and when the Blue Print for Survival was produced and predicted things starting to really kick in in this decade.) Also some of the things I'd heard at the Be The Change www.bethechange.org.uk conference earlier in the year. I've also had some more conversations recently with a friend of mine who used to work for Shell. Things ARE getting *much* closer now. I've been feeling and saying this over the last few years, but now it's really staring to sink in and getting out there.
I just did a search on the web for "oil running out" - there's quite a bit out there now, including an article yesterday 'Is the world's oil running out fast?' on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3777413.stm

There's one website that puts things pretty succinctly
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/Index.html Well worth a read. And we're talking not just oil, but all the associated things of food and societal changes, and majorly linked to that a major crash of US dollar.
SO ... what this does, is put things.. this life, into a sharper perspective.. times are changing. It REALLY challenges me and calls me to shift to an even more conscious, heart centred, compassionate way of living. - I renew now my commitment to that and make a call/prayer for that in my life. - It's really important !