amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

is that email a hoax

Often times people really care and want to keep their friends safe however it's not always initially clear if something is a hoax or not. As I seem to keep getting asked this kind of thing here are some of the things that I've found can be useful to check if an email is a Hoax or not:

The quick way I have as a 'heads up' when I think something might be a Hoax is to cut a section of the email ( 7 or 8 words, so it's long enough) and paste them into a web search engine ( I like Every Click )

How do you recognise if it's a Hoax? Well I've started to get a 'sense' for it. This is partly through trusting my intuition also reading about it. There is some really good information about how to recognise Hoaxes at http://www.hoax-slayer.com/#latest-email-hoaxes
I find this http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ website generally is also a good way to check if something is a Hoax

It's also useful to know and use some basic email saftey measures.