amazed by this life!! music, coaching, creativity, lateral thinking, transformation; my passion and joy

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Music recording with Linux

As I've been getting ready to upgrade / rebuild, my PC for music recording, I've taken some time to day to a bit of web research, could this be a good time to move form windows to Linux. It 's a whole new world there and, at the moment, there's not a program that's quite ready to use. However it's been interesting touching into that world, with names for programs like 'Jack' and 'Ardour' http://ardour.org/node which looks and feels lovely. AND I like the whole concept of open source software. Shame Ardour hasn't got the ability to record midi yet. So, rather than get distracted, I'm gonna leave it for now and probably do the upgrade of Sonar, as I've been using that for several years on Windows. ( I'd have to learn Linux as well as the new program so all in all to much time would be needed)